Become a Member of Cetacean Society International
CSI is an all-volunteer, non-profit conservation, education and research
organization working on behalf of cetaceans (whales, dolphins and porpoises)
and their marine environment.
CSI’s Mission is to stop the killing, capture and display of cetaceans
(whales, dolphins, and porpoises); encourage human activities that
enhance public awareness and stewardship of cetaceans and our marine
environment; and collaborate with stakeholders to reduce anthropogenic
threats such as bycatch, invasive research, sonar, ship strikes,
pollution, seismic testing, and others as they are revealed.
To meet that mission, CSI:
- Opposes cetacean captivity:
It is the position of Cetacean Society International that it is no longer
justifiable for cetaceans to be captured or maintained in captivity for
purposes of exhibition, research or education. There exists a moral
imperative for cetaceans in captivity to be maintained in optimal conditions
for their physical and social well-being and for efforts to be made for their
rehabilitation and release.
- Opposes rogue whaling and any attempts to overturn the ban on commercial
- Promotes whale watching as an economic alternative to whaling in
- Represents cetaceans as an NGO at the IWC (International Whaling
Commission) and CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered
Species), and assists regional workshops and meetings.
- Supports research projects worldwide, especially in developing
- Advocates for humane, non-lethal, non-invasive, ethical research
- Facilitates a network of scientists, educators, activists, and
- Seeks legislative and public solutions to ship strike kills, entanglement
and rogue hunting.
- Informs legislators and the public on marine pollution issues, habitat
destruction and other threats.
- Fights sources of anthropogenic noise pollution including military sonar,
seismic surveys/exploration and shipping vessels.
- Assists and supports the Marine Mammal Stranding Network and its partner
rescue and disentanglement organizations around the world.
- Distributes educational materials for local and international use.
- Answers public and media concerns as advocates for whales, dolphins and
- $15 - Student or Senior (65+)
- $20 - Regular
- $30 - Contributing/Family
- $50 - Supporting
- $100 - Sustaining
- $500 - Patron
You may use PayPal to become a CSI Member. Paypal accepts credit card payments.
You do not need a PayPal account.
Please click the "Donate" button to become a member or make a donation to CSI.
If you prefer to join or donate to CSI by mail, please print the following form, fill it out and mail with
your check to:
- Cetacean Society International
- 65 Redding Road-0953
- Georgetown, CT 06829-0953 USA
Please note that CSI honors your privacy and security. We will never share your name or personal information.
Your membership dues constitute tax deductible contributions as
provided by law. If your employer has a matching grant program, please include
the application form; this will double your donation to Cetacean Society International. (Members outside
U.S.A.: please send the equivalent of the values shown above in your local